Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Interesting post about Equallogic

Some of my favorite quotes are

http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/167573-equallogic-ps6100xv-s

 I really came to find their products dead simple to use, with a uniform interface across models that made it simple to work with.


...


 I love it. It is easy to setup and manage. I only had to make a couple of calls to support during the setup process and those calls went very smooth.


....


With some of the Cons being:



My experience with Equallogics is that generally the hardware is ok but the software and firmware of late have left a lot to be desired.
The current firmware seems to be stable but all the version 5 stuff up to now has had bugs that caused some big issues. I am not a fan of the HIT kit, it slow and flaky and may stop working if you upgrade it, which is blow if you rely on it to drive your replication. Also you have to ensure you are on the right hard drive firmware as some of them are buggy as well.
Replication works quite well, best if you send multiple streams up a your pipe, with Jumbo frames we get almost a full 1Gb to our replication site.
....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers